How the Smart Thermostat Program Works
You don’t have to do anything! Before periods of high energy demand, known as Peak Time Events, we’ll automatically and briefly adjust your thermostat’s energy usage to pre-cool/pre-heat your home. During the event, your thermostat will reduce energy use when demand is highest, which supports sustainable energy and keeps prices lower for the community. You can control and change your settings at any time. Get started by signing up below. Learn more about the Smart Thermostat program >
- Receive a $50 enrollment incentive for joining the Smart Thermostat Program.
- Your smart thermostat will make temporary adjustments to your temperature settings during peak energy usage times.
- Events can occur between the hours of 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM in the cooling season and 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM in the heating season during both weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- You will always have control of your thermostat and can override the energy saving events.
- You may also earn a participation incentive if you participate in at least 60% of the events. Incentives are issued as bill credit on your electric cooperative bill.
How to Enroll
It’s easy, click the enrollment button. You will be prompted to enter your Honeywell Home thermostat username and password, accept the terms and confirm your enrollment information is correct. To ensure a quick review process make sure your enrollment information matches SC Electric Cooperative’s primary account holder’s information.
© 2023 Resideo Technologies, Inc. The Honeywell Home trademark is used under license from Honeywell International Inc. All rights reserved.